The French organisation EcoTLC is launching the Innovation Challenge 2019 – also open to application from the Netherlands! This yearly challenge, which already supported and monitored 44 projects since 2010, has over €500K available for innovative solutions to this issue:
How to recover 100,000 tons of non-reusable textiles and footwear by turning them into new textile/footwear products and/or materials?
(i.e. 40% of the 250,000 tons collected, sorted and prepared from 2020 onwards)
Application closing date: November 29th 2019
What are they looking for?
A dual mission
- To find and scale up innovative industrial and commercial solutions that optimise textile and footwear recycling
- To accelerate the development of a more circular industry in synergy with other sectors with a demand for recycled materials (building, automobile, etc.)
Three strategic focuses for projects supported by the Innovation Challenge
- Preparation of materials derived from used textiles and footwear
- Incorporation of recycled materials from the textile/footwear waste within products for other sectors
- Eco-design of products
- Open to everyone (in France and Europe: consortiums, companies, individuals, associations, etc.)
- Innovation Challenge funds of at least €500K per year, without stakeholding requirements or royalties
- A Scientific Committee made up of recognised experts from the industry
- 44 projects supported and monitored since 2010
You are invited to read and download the various studies carried out by Eco TLC and other organisations available. You can also consult the details of R&D projects supported by Eco TLC since 2010 in its annual magazine Roads to innovation.
The Eco TLC team and the Scientific Committee are at your disposal to assist you in the construction of your application file before submitting.
How to apply?
Download the supporting materials for Innovation Challenge 2019 HERE and complete the application file consisting of: Description of the candidate project, Financial tables, 1 page Summary, Innovation Challenge Rules.